- Williamson, Sara, Lama Lteif, and Ana Valenzuela (2022) “Sharing is not always caring: How sharing labels encourage personal consumption as a response to the threat of others,” Journal of Consumer Psychology, forthcoming. (download PDF)
- Rhonda Hadi, Ana Valenzuela (2020) “Good Vibrations: Consumer Responses to Technology-Mediated Haptic Feedback,” Journal of Consumer Research, forthcoming, ucz039. (download PDF)
- Valenzuela, Ana, Bonezzi, Andrea and Szabó-Douat, Teodora (2018) “What Goes Around, Comes Around: How Beliefs in Karma Influence the Use of Word of Mouth for Self-Enhancement,” Journal of the Association for Consumer Research, 3(4), 490-502. (download pdf)
- Wongkitrungrueng, Apiradee, Valenzuela, Ana and Sen, Sankar (2018) “The Ice Cream Looks Yummy on the Shelf up There: The Interactive Effect of Retail Shelf Position and Consumers’ Personal Sense of Power on Indulgent Choice,” Journal of Retailing, 94(3), 280-295. (download pdf)
- Hildebrand, Diogo, DeMotta, Yoshiko, Sen, Sankar and Valenzuela, Ana (2017) “Consumer Responses to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Contribution Type.“ Journal of Consumer Research, 44(4), 738–758. (download PDF)
- Valenzuela, Ana and Raghubir, Priya (2015) “Are Top-Bottom Inferences Conscious and Left-Right Inferences Automatic? Implications for Shelf Space Positions, ” Journal of Experimental Psychology: Applied, 21(3), 224-241.
- Rhonda, Hadi and Valenzuela, Ana (2014) “A meaningful embrace: Contingent effects of embodied cues of affection, ” Journal of Consumer Psychology, 24(4), 520-532. (download PDF)
- Valenzuela, Ana, Briley, Donnel and Darke, Peter (2014) “Cultural Identity and the Antecedents of Risk Taking: Am I Good or am I Lucky?” in B. Schmitt and L. Lee (eds.) The Psychology of the Asian Consumer, Routledge, New York, United States, 47-50. (download PDF)
- Valenzuela, Ana, Raghubir, Priya and Mitakakis, Chrissy (2013) “Shelf space schemas: Myth or reality?” Journal of Business Research, 66(7), 881-888. (download PDF)
- Valenzuela, Ana and Srivastava, Joydeep (2012) “Role of Information Asymmetry and Situational Salience in Reducing Intergroup Bias: The Case of Ultimatum Games, ” Journal of Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 38(12), 1671–1683.
- Valenzuela, Ana, Mellers, Barbara and Strebel, Judy (2010) “Pleasurable Surprises: A Cross-Cultural Study of Consumer Responses to Unexpected Incentives, ” Journal of Consumer Research, 36(5), 792-805.
- Raghubir, Priya and Valenzuela, Ana (2010) “Male-Female Dynamics in Groups: A Field Study of “The Weakest Link”, ” Small Group Research, 41(1), 41-70. (download PDF)
- Valenzuela, Ana, Dhar, Ravi and Zettlemeyer, Florian (2009) “Contingent Response to Self-Customization Procedures: Implications for Decision Satisfaction and Choice, ” Journal of Marketing Research, 46(6), 754-763. (download PDF)
- Valenzuela, Ana and Raghubir Priya (2009) “Position-based Beliefs: The Center-Stage Effect, ” Journal of Consumer Psychology, 19(2), 185-196. (download PDF)
- Valenzuela Ana and Priya Raghubir (2007) “The Role of Strategy in Mixed-Gender Group Interactions: A Study of the Television Show ‘The Weakest Link’, ” Sex Roles: A Journal of Research, 57 (3-4), 293-303. (download PDF)
- Priya Raghubir and Valenzuela, Ana (2006) “Center of Inattention: Position Biases in Decision-Making, ” Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 99(1), 66-80. (download PDF)
- Erdem, Tulin, Swait, Joffre and Valenzuela, Ana (2006) “Brands as Signals: A Cross-Country Validation Study, ” Journal of Marketing, 41(1), 86-100. (download PDF)
- Gomez, Monica and Valenzuela, Ana (2005) “Export Marketing Strategies for High Performance: Evidence from Spanish Exporting Companies, ” Journal of Euro-Marketing, 15(1), 5-28. (download PDF)
- Valenzuela, Ana, Srivastava, Joydeep and Lee, Seonsu (2005) “The Role of Cultural Orientation in Bargaining under Incomplete Information: Differences in Causal Attributions, ” Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 96 (1), 72-88. (download PDF)
- Lado, Nora, Martínez-Ros, Ester and Valenzuela, Ana (2004) “Marketing Strategy as an explanatory variable of market selection: A simultaneous modeling approach, ” International Marketing Review, 21(6), 573 – 597. (download PDF)
- Erdem, Tulin, Zhao, Ying and Valenzuela, Ana (2004) “Performance of Store Brands: A Cross-Country Analysis of Consumer Store Brand Preferences, Perceptions and Risk, ” Journal of Marketing Research, 41(1), 86-115. (download PDF)
- Valenzuela, Ana and Gomez, Monica (2000) “Organizational Capabilities in International Markets: A cross- functional study, ” Encuentros Multidisciplinares (Journal of Multidisciplinary Studies), 2(3), 49-59.
- Valenzuela, Ana (2000) “Defining a Capability Based Model of Company Internationalization, ” Cuadernos de Economia y Direccion de la Empresa (Journal of Economics and Business Management), 5(1), 91-109.
- Gomez Monica and Valenzuela, Ana (1997) “Marketing-Mix Strategic Components of Successful Service Companies” (1997), ESIC-MARKET, 97(3), 173-195.
Manuscripts Under Review
- Williamson, Sara, Lteif, Lama and Valenzuela Ana “To Share is Human: How Sharing Labels Encourage Personal Consumption.” Under review at Journal of Consumer Psychology.
- Hosseini, Rahil, Galli, Maria and Valenzuela, Ana “The Persuasive Power of Online Social Presence.” Under review at Journal of Marketing.
- Hadi, Rhonda, Valenzuela, Ana, Sridhar, Karthik and Groth, O. H. “A Tactile Toolbox: Documenting Consumer Responses to Haptically-Augmented Mobile Communications.” Under review at Journal of Consumer Research.
Manuscripts in Preparation and Working Papers
- Meng, Yan and Valenzuela, Ana “Luck and the Endowment Effect: A context for application of the “possession-self link.”
- Erdem, Tulin, Swait, Joffre and Valenzuela, Ana “Cross-cultural Study of the Antecedents of Brand Credibility.”
- Valenzuela, Ana, Bertini, Marco and Pirc, Mitja “Boosting Promotional Effectiveness with Thoughtful Product Displays.”
- Gould, Stephen, Valenzuela, Ana, Holowczak, Richard and Kachersky, Luke “A Behavioral Finance Study of Real-time Simulated Stock Market Trading.”
- Valenzuela, Ana, Gomez Monica and Coelho, Rita “Buying the Right Thing: Smart Shopper Identity as a Determinant of Brand Choice.”